Grenada Broadcasting Network

7th December 2022

  

Advertisement

Advertisement

Trinidad and Tobago on Thursday confirmed it had recorded its first “imported case” of COVID-19 after a resident returned from Switzerland on Monday.

During a press conference on Thursday, Trinidad and Tobago’s Health Minister Terrence Deyalsingh announced that a 52-year-old individual, who resides in Trinidad and Tobago had been placed in isolation since Wednesday.

Trinidad and Tobago said that as part of their urgent measures to protect citizens, Government has accepted the recommendation of the Cabinet Approved Multi-Sectoral Committee to suspend the arrival of cruise ships for the remainder of the 2019-2020 cruise season which ends on April 24, 2020.

Government said that given the rapid infection of COVID-19 globally, the potential economic loss from the epidemic entering Trinidad and Tobago will outweigh the potential loss associated with the decision to suspend the arrival of cruise ships for the rest of the 2019-2020 cruise season.

 

Facebook Comments